MAVEN Special Session at IEEE SCSP 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic
A MAVEN Special Session on “Autonomous vehicles for smart cities” was held on 26 May 2017 at the third IEEE (the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Smart Cities Symposium Prague (SCSP 2017), organised by the Czech Technical University (CTU). SCSP 2017 is an international scientific conference with over 150 participants from 13 countries. The symposium received auspices from the President of the Czech Republic, Mr. Miloš Zeman and the City of Prague. The director of the City of Prague JUDr. Martina Deverová along with the CTU rector Prof. Petr Konvalinka opened the symposium. The main objectives of the MAVEN Special Session are:
– Introduction of the EU-funded project MAVEN
– Addressing some technical issues in the field of connected, cooperative and auto-mated transport, as well as non-technical aspect of automated driving
– Discussions of expected impacts of connected, cooperative and automated transport, e.g. potential impacts, evaluation and assessment approaches, next steps, main trends
The MAVEN Special Session was highly appreciated by the participants of SCSP 2017, and received very positive feedback.
All the presentations are available below.
- Introduction to the MAVEN Special Session – Meng Lu, Dynniq
- State of the art of automated driving – Reza Dariani, DLR
- Management of connected, cooperative and automated transport / Introduction of MAVEN – Ondrej Pribyl, CTU
- Communication for automated driving – TomášZelinka, CTU
- Shared automated vehicles – Tomáš Petovský, UBER CZ